[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:21:35 UTC 2010

>>MCE USB Transceiver. Something's awry with transmit support w/the
latest kernel/lirc combo, which I still need to look into...

Thanks, Jarod. I will try undoing the setup for the IR on HD-PVR and
replace that with the MCE USB Transceiver instead.

Just to clarify, you meant that there is something awry with transmit support
for the lirc_zilog on HD-PVR (and not for the MCE USB), correct?

Two simple questions:

1. If correctly set-up should I still be able to use my Radio Shack RS15-2116
remote with the MCE USB transceiver? I want to avoid using another remote in my
living room (i.e. the MCE silver remote) since I sue the former for all other components.

2. Can I still use the IR blaster cable with red transmitting eye that came with HD-PVR
on the MCE USB transceiver? I would like to avoid unhooking it since I found the correct
spot for the IR eye on the STB that works and I have taped the blaster on it already.