[mythtv-users] Upgrade from MythDora to latest MythBuntu

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 1 16:07:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Bert Van Kets <mythtv-users at vankets.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a FE/BE system running for a couple of years and want to upgrade
> to a newer mythtv version. I'm still running MythDora 5 and can't update
> using yum as this version is not supported anymore.

Not trying to persuade you to stay or anything, but yes, you actually
can use yum to upgrade that system to something newer that is
supported. Just requires a bit of tinkering with repo config files,
some time and effort.

> As I'm moving to Debian and Ubuntu systems in my house I want to move
> from MythDora to MythBuntu.
> I would like to move the recordings over, but reset the whole
> configuration database.
> I know the locations of the media files are completely different, but
> are there other things you guys can give me advise on?
> Anybody have a link on how to do a partial DB backup and restore to move
> the recordings over?

As greg already pointed out, that's all covered in the mythtv wiki.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com