[mythtv-users] Playback freeze/lockup + kernel panic

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 1 13:48:47 UTC 2010

>Do you have any issues running things like Compiz, or any graphically
intensive benchmarks?

I'm not aware of any graphically intensive benchmarks.  If Compiz is one I
will give it a try later when I get home from work.

> One more thing, is it Myth specific? Does mplayer with VDPAU work okay?
What about opengl playback?

Have only tried Totem, and it doesn't seem to use VDPAU because I get bad
audio skipping problems which I got when I didn't have MythTV configured to
use VDPAU.  I will install/try mplayer.