[mythtv-users] I've probably broken the Python bindings, scripts fail on exceptions.KeyError

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:07:10 UTC 2010

On 31 January 2010 17:20, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 1/31/2010 08:20, Rafael Moslin wrote:
>
>> This is running on a up to date PCLinuxOS install, Python 2.5.
>>

> Make sure you're up to date from the last couple days.  There was a bug in
> the init file which caused breakage in 2.5.
>
> I've come across this issue a couple times, but I've never pinned down what
> exactly is causing the issue.  I believe its something to do with with the
> connection caching.  Somehow, the use count got off, resulting in the
> connection being closed before all the objects were dropped.  I'm setting it
> to check first, just in case.

Thanks Raymond, I had spotted that 2.6 check bug and commented out the
section but still, I was running fresh trunk at the time of writing my
original email.

Just before replying I thought it wise to update again so I am now at 23413,
however still the same error. Think I'll just have to give up on this for
now and wait to see if the maturing of the new bindings code helps or if any
others have the same problem.