[mythtv-users] Failing database upgrade from mythtv 0.20 to 0.23

Jeffrey Yeo jwyeo2 at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 31 07:43:40 UTC 2010

I've finally decided to upgrade my mythtv box after many years of being an
ignored appliance.

I am upgrading from MythTV 0.20 running on Gentoo to Mythbuntu 10.10 (MythTV
0.23).  I downloaded mythconverg_backup.pl and used it to backup my old
database.  When I attempted to restore the data, I appear to have run into the
partial corruption problem.  If I read the mythconverg_backup file names
correctly, my old schema was 1160 (!!).

I have found and followed a number of upgrade instructions:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406111#406111

But now seem to be stuck at "Data base corruption detected. Unable to proceed
with database upgrade. (Table: oldrecorded, Warnings 41)".   As one of the posts
stated, with data for over 3000 recorded shows I would rather not start again.

Is there any way to recover the data?

Thanks,

Jeff