[mythtv-users] Motorola 6200 - Dynamic resolution for component output possible?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 02:05:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got the parts to set up an HD mythtv box with a hd-pvr hooked up
> to a Motorola 6200 STB.  My understanding was that the hd-pvr would
> record shows based on the resolutions that are provided to it.  So if
> it's an SD broadcast, then it'll record in SD resolution, not wasting space.
>
> However, the component output of my Comcast-provided Motorola 6200 cable
> box seems to be fixed, and not dependent on the source material.  I can
> set it to be 1080i, and the output is always 1080i, even when playing SD
> material.
>
> Is it not possible to have the 6200 set the resolution of the component
> output to be dynamic, based on what material it's showing?

I don't have a 6200 (mine is a DCX-3300), but there's a setting in a
menu to set the output resolution to "Native", which will do what you
want.  The menu in question is only accessible when the box is in
standby (in other words, turn the box off, then hit "Menu".)

I hope this helps!

Carl Fongheiser