[mythtv-users] 0.23 to 0.24 upgrade; database wont upgrade

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 01:19:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 22:26 +0000, Richard Morton wrote:

Hi;

> I stopped the background process

Stopped as in: sudo stop mythtv-backend (as opposed to killing it
and having upstart restart it automatically?)

> Sometimes a table called internetcontent is created, sometimes not.
> Once I have seen them, it then complains that internetcontent exists;
> so I removed it. then it complained that internetcontentarticles
> exists; but this has never existed of been created.

Both of those tables are created in dbcheck.cpp when going from
schema 1257 to 1258.  Before restarting the backend you can prove
that the tables don't exist by doing:

  SHOW COLUMNS FROM internetcontent;
  SHOW COLUMNS FROM internetcontentarticles;

Expect to see:
  ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'mythconverg.internet...' doesn't exist

Good luck,

Bill