[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:25:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The final option is to just hide the channel using the channel editor
>> in mythweb (and presumably elsewhere).
>
> Recordings won't be scheduled on hidden channels?  That wasn't clear
> to me from the description.

This is correct.  Although oddly, when watching tv, you can select a
hidden channel.  This is not an issue for me as I never use Myth to
watch livetv.

I suspect though that you were bitten by the bug that Mike Perkins
described.  If you search the archives, you can see how to fix it.  I
believe it involves upping a limit in your php.ini file, but not
certain.  Either way, even if you resolved that issue, once you
(successfully) deleted the channel, it would still have re-appeared
using mythfilldatabase unless you did one of the things I suggested,
which you now have done.