[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Dec 30 17:59:06 UTC 2010

On 30/12/10 17:16, Eric Sharkey wrote:

>   I checked again and the channels were still there.  Then I tried
> deleting the channels in mythweb.  This seemed to have no effect at
> all.

This may be because of the number of channels in your list, which translates to
a number of fields per channel in mythweb. This total (fields per channel x no
of channels) may exceed a preset limit within apache (set by your distro).
Another possibility is the total buffer space allowed for field content to be
received into. Have a look within your apache conf files - I also had to find
and amend a suhosin conf file.

--

Mike Perkins