[mythtv-users] Neither channel scan nor import of channels.conf working

Thomas Koeller thomas at koeller.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 30 13:04:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am currently struggling with mythtv on a freshly installed Ubuntu
10.10 system. My TV-Card is a TERRATEC Cinergy S2 PCI HD.

The problems I am encountering are exactly the ones described in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/455987.
Neither does the channel scan work, nor does importing an externally
generated channels.conf file. Unfortunately, the thread ceases at some
point without arriving at a solution.

In addition to what the originator of the above thread tried, I also
attempted the 'scan of all existing transports' method. Since there are
no transports, I navigated to 'Channel Editor/Edit Transports' and hit
'(New Transport)', but that did not do anything at all beyond flashing
the screen once.