[mythtv-users] Storage Groups, Mythvideo and metadata mayhem

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Dec 29 02:46:12 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 21:40, Phil Wild wrote:
>>> Can someone suggest where I should be looking?
>> If you want to add metadata, turn off file browse mode, scan for
>> files, and query metadata on items
> I'll try this. Is this a change in how mythvideo works?

MythVideo has run off a stored list of content in the database for as
long as I've been using MythTV.  Browse mode exists as a file browser
independent of the database, for people who for whatever reason, don't
want to run a scan when they add new content.

> What is the metadata option of "Enable metadata in file browse mode" for then?

This setting allows MythVideo to attempt to match up files in browse
mode to their entries in the database.  It is still showing the current
view of the filesystem, but it is displaying metadata where it finds
it.  Since videos in browse mode are independent of the database, there
is nowhere to store any metadata were you to run a grabber against one
of the videos.