[mythtv-users] Showing already watched videos in MythVideo

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Dec 28 22:23:03 UTC 2010

On 27 December 2010 22:01, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 27 December 2010 4:36:32 am Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > On Monday, 27 December 2010, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > I don't know if this is already possible, can't find anyway to set it
> on
> > > MythTv 0.24, but it would be nice if MythVideo could show some kind of
> > > difference between videos that have already been watched and ones
> that
> > > are not.
> > >
> > > Like make unwatched videos bold, or change the color of videos that
> have
> > > already been watched, etc...
> >
> > You can mark the video as watched, and depending on the type of
> > videos, it can marked it as watched once you reach a position close to
> > the end. This doesn't work with avi, divx videos.
> >
> > It's too bad the tag is handled that way.  If it was to mark it as
> > watch with no dependence on getting close to the end, it would be more
> > useful IMHO.
>

> Most of my videos are AVI or others using divx, I have some MKV's, don't
> know the actual video codec and very few videos OGG theroa videos.  None
> of them show any kind of indecation of being watched, no matter if I really
> watched it or if I just marked it as watched.  With out anykind of feedback
> on
> wether or not it is watched kind of makes it hard to pick up a TV serires
> or
> something after a break in viewing.

You can change the filter to show Watched or unwatched videos, I think what
was being refered to was the automatic marking of a video as being watched
for avi and divx when you reach a position near the end of the video is not
working, I've noticed this also as most of my videos are also avi/divx.

Regards,

Anthony