[mythtv-users] 0.24: Dual audio output (HDMI + Analog)?

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:56:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> <snip>
> > But I would like the option of having audio output to the PC's analog
> ports as well.  Is there a simple way to do this?
> >
> > Has anyone done this?  I suspect there is an asound entry which will do
> this...but it's new territory for me.
>
> There was a discussion on this matter just a few days ago..
>
> There are two ways of doing so:
> -Create a mixer in alsa that will output audio to both device.
> -Use PulseAudio

I missed the earlier discussion, but in the thread linked below is a
description including asound file, which will do this on an Acer Revo
running Ubuntu.
(Machine/OS details should be incidental)

I could never get PulseAudio to work nicely for me (or at all in fact). So I
uninstall it as a matter of course from (XBMC) frontend machines.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=70754