[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 21:08:39 UTC 2010

I just installed 10.10 to see how this works

did the following

sudo apt-get purge bluez
sudo echo deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kitlaan/ppa/ubuntu maverick
main >> /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo echo deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kitlaan/ppa/ubuntu maverick
main >> /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6F7177CC
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bluez

Of course, replace "jaunty" with the name of your distribution.
Kernel module

Check if the uinput module is running:

lsmod | grep uinput

If that's not the case:

sudo modprobe uinput
sudo -i
echo uinput >> /etc/modules

uinput doesnt appear, but I cant remember if it worked before on
previous versions...

everything seems to be working and I could pair my device following
the next section of my notes, which I wrote last time I did this.

Please note that the pairing script requires that the dbus-python and
pygobject python modules are installed. They are normally installed on
a default 9.04 Jaunty. (If you need them added, apt-get install
python-dbus and python-gobject.)

cd ~
wget http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/holdingcell/ps3pair.tar.gz
tar xvfz ps3pair.tar.gz
cd ~/ps3pair
sudo python ps3_pair.py

Now press START+Enter on your PS3 remote for at least 7 seconds, then
it should detect the remote. Then run