[mythtv-users] [UK] BBC HD and BBC ONE HD - recording length incorrect

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 27 12:19:24 UTC 2010

On 26/12/2010 22:23, Taylor Ralph wrote:
> My initial guess is that something might be wrong with MythTV's h264
> parser, but until someone opens a ticket and uploads a sample
> somewhere for a dev to look at we'll never know. If you copy the
> recording under a different name and play it with the Internal player
> under MythVideo without issue then ffmpeg is working fine. I'm not
> wasting anymore time responding to this thread given that no one has
> taken the time to create a ticket and/or upload a sample. Maybe one of
> the UK devs will take this on.

Ticket opened. Sorry for the delay. Please give us a break here Taylor.
I realise it is kind of you to look into this when it has no impact on
your use of MythTv and I should have responded faster, but there are
mitigating circumstances: I didn't realise you were a dev, and read
your request as "You should open a ticket and upload a sample and then
a dev is likely to look at the problem at some stage", rather than "You
should ... and I will look at it". Also I was trying to understand other
posts that seemed to me to suggest it was an ffmpeg problem. And lastly
it's christmas and I'm spending most of my time visiting or being
visited, so only getting the odd 5 mins at the computer.

Hoping you will still look at this. Pretty please!

Regards,
	Paul.