[mythtv-users] Most stable compatible Linux distribution

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:12:57 UTC 2010

>As I restart a full install, what would you recommend in term of stability, simplicity
>and compliance with the above applications between Ubuntu 10.10 and Fedora 14.

I doubt you are going to get a definitive answer. They are both well
known and well supported distributions it is simply down to personal
preference. I have not seen any specific issues with either; although
I understand that there maybe an issue with upgrades from 10.04 to
10.10 but as you are looking at a fresh install this isnt an issue for
you here.

Usually Ubuntu is pretty good with upgrades (in my experience; I have
rarely used RedHat; I like sudo).