[mythtv-users] WOT: Backend won't share

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 03:18:14 UTC 2010

bhaskins a écrit :
> I have a mythbackend box that is doing a great job of capturing videos
> from a HDHR
> and making them available to a Asus O!play.
> The only problem is that I would also like to have this box share it's
> printer, DVD, and attached USB drives.
> Both the DVD and flash are fully accessable if I ssh into the box and
> copy files to a separate folder which I can
> then access through nfs.
> The printer also works fine from the (server) box.
> I've tried a bunch of different distros with about the same results.
> Any ideas on how to make the share happen?
> Thanks,
>  Bert
At least for the printer you can use CUPS (it should be packaged by your
distro).
For a scanner you have to setup sane to respond to outside requests, it
works great: you basically setup a fake network sane driver for each
other computer and scan as if it was connected to your local host.
As for dvd and flash, that is block devices, I dunno, somebody else will
probably fill in the blanks ;-)
Bye
Manu