[mythtv-users] Live TV: Error opening jump program file buffer

Josh Rosenberg mythtv at desh.info
Sun Dec 26 19:12:38 UTC 2010

All,

When I tune to some channels with my HDHomeRun, I get kicked back to
the main menu with "Error opening jump program file buffer".  Those
channels are always able to record successfully; it's only a problem
when trying to watch live TV.  (The workaround I've found is to record
the program and then watch it, but that has enough drawbacks that I'd
rather not have to work around.)  Some other channels always work
fine.  Any ideas?

I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04, and I recently upgraded from Myth 0.23 to
0.24.  I can't say for sure if this problem started right when I
upgraded or soon thereafter.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Josh