[mythtv-users] Need help getting lineup changes from Schedules Direct reflected in MythTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 26 02:57:30 UTC 2010

  On 12/25/2010 09:48 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> I found a couple of obsolete channels that were still selected in my
> Schedules Direct lineup and one that had been moved to a channel
> previously disabled.  After making the changes in SD and saving, I
> tried to get MythTV to show the revised channel lineup.  I'm still
> trying to figure out how to get this fixed.  After I did the changes
> in SD, I went into backend setup (both before and after doing
> mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all and the mythfilldatabase run that
> MythBuntu offers to do after exiting backend setup) to update A) Video
> Sources, B) Input Connections | Fetch channels from listings source,
> and then check Channel Editor screen for changes, but can't seem to
> get the obsolete channels to drop out or to get newly activated
> channel to be found.
>
> While I'm doing more research on my own, maybe someone can tell me
> where I'm going wrong and save me some time?

If you're using a digital (scannable) input for your TV, you must do a
rescan.

If you're using an analog input (i.e. digital cable with an STB +
PVR-x50 or HD-PVR) or an unscannable digital input (i.e. firewire from
an STB), you need to run:

mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels --do-not-filter-new-channels

and, if you need MythTV to change any of the existing channel
information, include --do-channel-updates .

Then, run:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

Mike