[mythtv-users] IR Blaster issue - Hauppauge HD-PVR

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Dec 25 17:51:12 UTC 2010

On Dec 25, 2010, at 8:53 AM, Tom Runner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Marverick 10.10 with a Hauppauge HD-PVR on a Zotac ION computer. Mythtv 0.24.
>
> I followed everything in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1598968&page=2 or checked in various others, still no success in making the IR blaster work.
>
> So I followed Ghosty.be watkthrough without issue.
>
> ******************************
>
> *you need the zilog.diff patch from 10.04 in your home directory http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...og+lirc&page=7
> *you need the new lirc_zilog.c in your home directory from http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...52acc9;hb=HEAD
> *you need the binary blob haup-ir-blaster.bin in your home directory from: http://wilsonet.com/?p=40 (direct link: http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/...ir-blaster.bin )
>
> and run:
> sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source
> cd /usr/src/lirc-*/
> sudo patch -p0 < ~/zilog.diff
> sudo cp ~/lirc_zilog.c drivers/lirc_zilog
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

As far as I know, the lirc_zilog module is already built and installed as
part of the Ubuntu 10.10 kernel, so why are you building it yourself?

> dmesg |grep lirc
> [   13.295756] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
> [   13.309819] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR driver initializing
> [   13.316192] lirc_zilog: initialization complete

lirc_zilog loaded, but it didn't bind to anything. I don't think Ubuntu's
hdpvr driver includes the patch to enable the IR part on the hdpvr. Now
*that* you probably actually need to rebuild.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com