[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Dec 24 22:22:48 UTC 2010

On Friday, December 24, 2010 01:27:16 pm Greg Oliver wrote:

> This thread got me looking for a new remote for a x-mas present, and
> I went with another "activity based" device from Acoustics Research.
>  I pre-programmed it and boxed it back up, but the only feature (or
> in my case non-feature, since I *hate* it) missing is that is does
> not keep track of power state like the harmony(s).  I give that  a
> plus though.
>
> Anyhow, I got it new with the RF extender for half of the price of
> the comparable Harmony.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N1J7DU/ref=oss_product
>
> It is well constructed, and I will post back later after it gets used
> for a few days to see what the overall impression is.

Certainly looks interesting, I'll wait and see what you think.

I suspect the only thing it has to do with the old "AR" (the outfit that
made the great speakers and turntable) is the name on it.

From the reviews it seems to require a PC to set up, is this a Windows
only proposition?

IOW, do I need Windows running somewhere to set it up?

Is that a charger or just a pocket to hold it?