[mythtv-users] Build a robust FE - irritated with IONs

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Dec 24 17:47:54 UTC 2010

Den 23/12/2010 06.18 skrev "Dave Richardson" <mythtv at derdev.com>:
> What specs would put forth a quiet-as-possible FE that had some real balls,
> was ideally fanless/quiet, and didn't need a lot of tuning to kick ass?

If you don't mind putting together a system yourself, you might want
to have a look at the upcoming Intel Sandy Bridge processors. I'm
personally looking forward to the Core i5-2390T, which should be a
dual core @ 2.7GHz, turbo mode at 3.5GHz and a TDP of only
35Watt...[1]

With such a low TDP, you should be able to power the system with a
passive brick PSU as well as keeping the CPU cool with minimal effort
( = with a huge passive cooler or a low RPM fan). And the system
should still be able to kick some ass ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_future_Intel_microprocessors#.22Sandy_Bridge.22_.2832_nm.29

Best regards
Kenni