[mythtv-users] AirPlay Support

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 01:49:57 UTC 2010

On 24 December 2010 04:55, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Donald J. Organ IV
> <dorgan at donaldorgan.com> wrote:
>> Is there anyone doing work to allow playing video from iPhone/iPad via
>> AirPlay to Myth??
>
> Is there a documented, public API?  Not aware of anyone working on this.

There are none.

AirPlay isn't open.

At best, external application can stream audio if using the quicktime
playback framework, nothing more officially.

I was looking into this because it looked so cool, quickly came to the
conclusion that it's not going to happen until Apple open their
Airplay technology. There are talks that this will happen on the
developer channels