[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster (Jarod Wilson)

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:50:00 UTC 2010

> $ sudo irsend SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> >  irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> >  irsend: transmission failed
> >
> >  Syslog shows:
> >
> >  accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
> >  write failed
> >  Protocol error
> >  error processing command: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> >  transmission failed
> >
> >  We seem to be heading in the right direction, because now it seems my system recognizes there's a blaster and acknowledges that it has transmitting capability.
> However, in the above there, you're trying to transmit codes that aren't
> supported by the hdpvr. Transmit support for the hdpvr is kind of a hack.
> (For all zilog devices, actually). There's an IR code table loaded into
> the driver, and you actually pass an index from lirc to the device, which
> then figures out the IR signal to send. You're trying to transmit raw IR
> data from the hauppauge_pvr config, which won't work with this hardware.
> You need to try transmitting something from the 'blaster' section of the
> lircd.conf for zilog.
Interesting. Problem is that if I include the "blaster" section (or, it
seems, any part of it), irsend stops recognizing anything.

For example, if I remove the entire section for "blaster":

$ irsend LIST "" ""
irsend: Hauppauge
irsend: hauppauge_pvr
irsend: Hauppauge_350
irsend: Hauppauge_WinTV_Nexus-S
irsend: Hauppauge

If I include the blaster section in its entirety:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(nothing)

If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, replacing
"begin codes" with "begin raw_codes" and continuing until "end raw_codes":

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(nothing)

If I replace the hauppauge_pvr codes with blaster codes, leaving the
"begin codes" and "end codes":

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(nothing)

If I download the lircd.conf from
http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf and try that,
unaltered:

$ irsend LIST "" ""
(nothing)

Why should this be? How can I send a blaster code?

--

Kind regards,

Martin