[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 23 06:10:30 UTC 2010

On Dec 22, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Martin Lynch wrote:

>> Your primary lircd instance isn't using the right driver (default)
>> or the right device (/dev/lirc0) for your hdpvr. Seems its somehow
>> getting snarfed out of your hardware.conf, based on your original
>> post in this thread. That definitely needs fixing.
>>
> OK, making progress! I've changed hardware.conf to this:
>
> TRANSMITTER="hauppauge_pvr"
> TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
> TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="default"
> TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
>

> #Chosen Remote Control
> REMOTE="hauppauge_pvr"
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
> REMOTE_DRIVER="default"
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> REMOTE_SOCKET=""
> REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
> REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
>
> Now I get this new error:
>
> $ sudo irsend SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> irsend: transmission failed
>
> Syslog shows:
>
> accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
> write failed
> Protocol error
> error processing command: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
> transmission failed
>
> We seem to be heading in the right direction, because now it seems my system recognizes there's a blaster and acknowledges that it has transmitting capability.

However, in the above there, you're trying to transmit codes that aren't
supported by the hdpvr. Transmit support for the hdpvr is kind of a hack.
(For all zilog devices, actually). There's an IR code table loaded into
the driver, and you actually pass an index from lirc to the device, which
then figures out the IR signal to send. You're trying to transmit raw IR
data from the hauppauge_pvr config, which won't work with this hardware.
You need to try transmitting something from the 'blaster' section of the
lircd.conf for zilog.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com