[mythtv-users] Channel Lock Warning

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Wed Dec 22 12:35:17 UTC 2010

I have my channel timeout set to 10000 in backend settings.  Lately, I have been occasionally getting the “You should have received a channel lock by now....” message when I first start viewing live TV.  The problem is three fold...

1) When it pops up, I am already actually watching live tv.
2) It’s popping up well before 10 seconds.
3) When it happens, it prevents me from changing channels, exiting and re-opening live tv won’t work, and usually, I can’t even open recorded tv shows for about 5 minutes until it seems to sort itself out.

Using HDHomeRun tuners with the latest 20100828 firmware and hdhomerun_config.

Anyone have any ideas?