[mythtv-users] Sound issue is is baaaaack....0.24-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 06:29:23 UTC 2010

On 21 December 2010 16:53, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
> Just wondering if the sound code has been tweaked again in the two latest
> 0.24-fixes versions.  I had this problem a while back...problem resolved
> as of 20 November, right after Jean-Yves posted this up:

if you're running my repo, it's tweaked a lot :)

if using plain 0.24 not really.

A fix went in but nothing that could affect your issue

I remember your email, and did nothing to fix anything ; as the
problem is with your setup and not myth code

> Under "Music Settings", I have "Audio device" set to "default", and
> "Upconvert stereo to 5.1 surround".  The receiver tells me it's getting
> 5.1 input when the file begins to play (status bar moves, timer
> increments), but there is *NO sound*.

can't you provide a log with -v audio ?

I think I know what problem you are having..

Try the following:

Go into advanced audio settings:
check override audio passthrough, and in there enter:
ALSA:iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0,AES0=6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x01

See how you go.

This is what I changed lately that could affect your problem. Adding
this broke it for some other.
I guess in your case, it's reacting properly and it's the other person
that was weird.

JY