[mythtv-users] lirc working w/ irw, but not with myth

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 21 03:09:07 UTC 2010

On Dec 20, 2010, at 5:48 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> On 12/20/2010 11:15 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Enos wrote:
>>
>>> Finally moving forward from Fedora 7 Myth 22 this week, and it's been unpleasant, mostly due to LIRC woes.  Subject basically gives the status, but below are many more details.  It seems this problem symptom is not all that uncommon, but has varying causes.  I've seen other reports that were solved by things I already had correct.
>>>
>>> OS: x86_64 FC14 with updates.
>>> Mythtv 0.24-fixes
>>> LIRC 0.8.7 custom build
>>> mceusb ir receiver / Hauppauge 350 remote
>>>
>>> The entire OS is a clean install, but I'm using the same DB and mythtv homedir from previous installation, which was functioning.  So my lircd.conf, and ~mythtv/.lircrc and ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc are unchanged from working configuration with previous lirc 0.8.4 I think.
>>

> One of the side effects of the changeover to a kernel based access is that the driver has changed to devinput.

No, mceusb can still be used as a "pure" lirc device. It can *also* be
used as a pure input layer device, but it supports both. Simultaneously,
even, if you're into that sort of thing. :)

(mceusb is different from imon, because mceusb is true raw IR, while the
imon hardware decodes the IR signal in hardware and passes along just a
scancode).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com