[mythtv-users] mythvideo delete problems

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:30:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Mike <altmcf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everything new I add is with user mythtv which has rwx permission,
> checked that first ... I suspect this is a bug with the latest .24
> mythtv but wanted to see if others have this working reliably
> (different distro, etc)

It's not.  Delete in mythvideo hasn't changed since it was written.
All it does is call the Qt file delete functionality.  The only
wrinkle added when using storage groups is that the BACKEND user needs
rwx to the file, and don't forget permissions to traverse to those
directories too.  In short, it's almost always a permissions problem,
as Greg mentioned.  Also, you need to not be using file browse mode.
File deletion works on files in the database only.

Robert