[mythtv-users] ION + VDPAU + no composite and still tearing

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:36:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> I've got a Revo 1600 which, as you know, has an ION chipset in it, so
> quite VDPAU capable, however I am still experiencing some quite nasty
> tearing.  I've made sure composite is disabled in my xorg.conf:

I have a 1600 running Mythbuntu, and have no tearing at all.  I never did
anything to my xorg.conf that I can recall; here it is:

Section "Extensions"
        Option          "Composite"     "Disable"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        DefaultDepth    24
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Default Device"
        Driver  "nvidia"
        Option  "UseEvents"     "1"
        Option  "DPI"   "100x100"
        Option  "NoLogo"        "1"
EndSection

Don't think I have a .nvidia-settings-rc.  I'm running .23-fixes.

-Jerry