[mythtv-users] Transcoding to iphone

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 03:21:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried nuvexport, but the option to convert to MP4 (iPod) is
> disabled.  If I select that option, nuvexport outputs:
>
> Unrecognizeable ffmpeg version string.
> This version of nuvexport requires ffmpeg 0.5.
>
> Your ffmpeg installation doesn't support encoding to mp4 file formats.
> Press ENTER to continue.
>
> However, I have ffmpeg-0.6-37_git20101024.fc14.i686 installed on my
> system, so it post 0.5.

And as of about a week ago, it is not supported in nuvexport at all.
At this time, the supported version of ffmpeg used by nuvexport is the
one built from the source of ffmpeg that is frozen into the MythTV
source tree.  This is because ffmpeg is notorious for changing their
command-line options with no warning.  So, the nuvexport in git
(http://github.com/MythTV/nuvexport) will only work with "mythffmpeg"
which is built from mythtv's code tree.  This is built in both the
master branch and fixes/0.24.

Anyways, you did read the errors wrong :)  The previous version
required 0.5.  0.6 was never directly supported.