[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IRBlaster Issues

martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 03:10:57 UTC 2010

Following some good advice I received here, I've gone ahead and bought the Hauppauge HD-PVR. It works fine, except I cannot get the IRBlaster to work. It's been 2 weeks now of Googling and trying all manner of suggestions.

Two questions:

- can anyone who has the IRBlaster working with an HD-PVR possibly post lircd.conf and hardware.conf? Am running Ubuntu 10.04, if that's important.

- can anyone who is successfully changing channels on a Bell 9241 likewise post their channel changing script? I think (but am not certain) that this is equivalent to a Dish vip 612.

I have compiled lirc_zilog and lirc_dev and downloaded the HD-PVR driver, etc etc etc.

My IRBlaster plugs directly into the HD-PVR. I don't need the remote to work, just the channel changes.

"irsend" doesn't work (variety of error messages, which I'm happy to post if needed).

"irsend LIST "" """ returns nothing.

I've been using firewire very successfully for the past 4 years, however my Bell boxes do not include a firewire port (I'm in Canada so they are not legally required to).

Any and all help is very much appreciated, because I've been going in circles for days now on this.

Thanks!