[mythtv-users] Transcoding to iphone

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 01:01:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Nicolas WILL <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
>>> Can someone give me a good sample command line to transcode my
>>> recordings with?  All the recordings I want to transcode are either
>>> firewire or PVR-350 captures (so I believe they are all mpeg-2) and
>>> the firewire are all HD captures.  The target is a iPhone 4 if that
>>> makes a difference.
>
> nuvexport.

I tried nuvexport, but the option to convert to MP4 (iPod) is
disabled.  If I select that option, nuvexport outputs:

Unrecognizeable ffmpeg version string.
This version of nuvexport requires ffmpeg 0.5.

Your ffmpeg installation doesn't support encoding to mp4 file formats.
Press ENTER to continue.

However, I have ffmpeg-0.6-37_git20101024.fc14.i686 installed on my
system, so it post 0.5.