[mythtv-users] Hardware Suggestion for under $1,000

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 18 21:00:02 UTC 2010

On Saturday, December 18, 2010 01:43:14 pm Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > I think Myth's approach of supporting the file structure is a good
> > start, having things ready if the legal issues get resolved.
>
> There appears to be a lot of confusion in this thread.  MythTV
> supports playback direct from disc, and playback of encrypted discs
> presuming you have libaacs installed and processing keys for the
> relevant version of AACS.  Folder structure playback is the simplest
> level of support we offer, but not all of it.

Thanks, I was pretty confused about what was and was not possible today,
and I'd guess I'm not alone in this. I think I confused a previous post
about BD+ disks with BR disks in general.

Any info from what I consider an authoritative source is very welcome,
thanks again.

But of course what's possible and what's legal in the US may be very
different things.

It seems that the easier it is to play a legally bought BR disk the more
disks will be sold, but I guess logic and the MPAA are mutually
exclusive.