[mythtv-users] Transcoding to iphone

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:47:50 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I am going to be taking a flight and wanted to transcode several of my
recordings and play them on my iPhone.  I saw some info on the wiki,
but most of those entries are several years old and don't work for me.

Can someone give me a good sample command line to transcode my
recordings with?  All the recordings I want to transcode are either
firewire or PVR-350 captures (so I believe they are all mpeg-2) and
the firewire are all HD captures.  The target is a iPhone 4 if that
makes a difference.

Thanks