[mythtv-users] HD PVR and IR transmitter for channel change (why)

Ramin K ramin-list at badapple.net
Fri Dec 17 17:49:13 UTC 2010

On 12/16/2010 7:11 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> kernel-2.6.35.10-68.fc14 now has all the very latest hdpvr code from
> the upstream v4l/dvb tree in it, and so in theory, everything will
> Just Work(tm), though I have yet to see if there are any issues to
> overcome with the deprecation of an id field in the i2c device struct
> that was being used to determine if the device lirc_zilog was talking
> to is an hdpvr or something else...

	Flying out today, but I'll try it out on a second box after Christmas
and see how it looks. I've got no problem being a guineas pig. :-)
	I was not quite sure how to attempt to build the zilog driver. I had
assumed that is would just appear at some point if I rebuilt all of dev,
but I think adding it in on top of Ubuntu or mainline kernels was
missing the special bits in i2c.

Ramin