[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Dec 17 08:13:03 UTC 2010

On 16 Dec 2010, at 23:08, Ian Armstrong wrote:

>> e.g. if the recording rule starts a few minutes early (in case the
>> programme starts early) it will attempt to record but nothing is even
>> when the channel starts broadcasting.
>
> The only problem I've noticed with the first show, is that my one wireless
> frontend tends to timeout when attempting to start playback. Other recordings
> are fine.

I've found that a too early recording (BBC3 etc.) will play ok with a few fwd skips (not ff) but the frame rate detection doesn't work correctly, I get a 50hz show played on a 60hz display. I guess the detection is done at the start of the file and for mheg only 60hz is as good a choice as 50hz, would be nice if the default frame rate was taken from the ntsc/pal selection in the database but I don't have a patch for that.

>> I suspect if the program map table changes when the channel goes
>> off-air the program map table also changes when the channel starts to
>> broadcast.
>
> Yes, it does change.

The sids are the same for video & audio across the shared channels so the mapping is the only thing that changes.

And not all freeview STBs get it right either, with some it's necessary to change channel and back for the video to appear, others if left on a shared channel after closedown will continue to show video and audio from the other shared channel with mheg graphics over the top.

Andre