[mythtv-users] ease of [clear qam] channel scanning

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 16 19:52:21 UTC 2010

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Joseph Fry wrote:
>> Mythtv is not a piece of software... its a hobby... if you treat it as
>> a fun way to waste time and money, you will not be disappointed.
>

> Extremely well said, and I've been having a ball for a couple years
> now!  And, an expensive one at that :)
>
> Doug

Exactly!
I learned (started using, anyway) Linux by building a Mythbox.
MythTV version 0.18.
Anyone questioning the amount of improvements that the devs have made to
MythTV should have a crack at 0.18 or 0.19.
Unless one used the early releases, one really has no idea how much
effort the devs have *donated* to make this project what it is today.

The way I look at it.

My two choices about MythTV (or any free, open source software)are:
Learn to use it the way it works.
Contribute to the project to help improve it.
Find another...

My three choices about MythTV (or any free, open source software)are:

Learn to use it the way it works.
Contribute to the project to help improve it.
Find another open source ap that works better.
Pay for...

I'll come in again.

My four choices about MythTV (or any free, open source software)are:
Learn to use it the way it works.
Contribute to the project to help improve it.
Find another open source ap that works better.
Pay for an ap. Then I can whinge at the devs about how it I think should
work.

btw, I saved money building my last master be/fe.
Using 'green' (gag) components and retiring a slave, I save $10-15 a
month on electricity.