[mythtv-users] Avoiding hard disk full messages

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Thu Dec 16 19:03:07 UTC 2010

On 17/12/10 05:56, Greg Oliver wrote:

> They are probably just the system's checks.  You can turn off "Disk
> Notifications" under Preferences->Startup Applications to disable
> these..

Hi Greg,

No, they were warnings and I was prevented from performing an update
that needed 17MB of free space.

I subsequently found a couple of files in /var that I could delete.

I notice /var/mythtv/recordings has a couple of thousand files in it,
amounting to about 1.6T, yet the recording list in mythtv is empty. I
would have thought the mythtv housekeeping would be more timely?

Thanks