[mythtv-users] Alsa Prealloc Query

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 01:57:46 UTC 2010

On 16 December 2010 12:38, Zooka <mythtv at fitzy.org> wrote:
> No prob, I should note that it is not causing any difficulty, I just thought
> it a little strange.

That's because you probably have a quite fast machine or aren't
playing anything complex so it can keep up with filling the audio
buffer regularly..

The code I committed yesterday won't try to set the audio buffer if it
is found that the current buffer size is already greater than what we
want.

What I will do is instead of calculating what I *think* the audio
buffer should be, I see what the ratio is between what we asked alsa
and what we got, and increase the audio buffer by that ratio instead.

It seems that when you set your audio buffer to 128kB you got the
right buffer size, so I think that approach will work