[mythtv-users] Now on Cablevision, without even moving

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Dec 15 19:53:03 UTC 2010

As of this morning my cable TV provider / ISP is now CableVision, who
bought out the Bresnan system in my area.

Cablevision says it "Looks forward to providing even more features and
value, and even more meaningful enhancements " to me.

Is there anything I should look out for? Any CV customers out there have
any advice about particular traps CV might have in store. In particular
I'm concerned about bandwidth caps, which up to now have not existed for
me. I asked at their office and was told they "have no information about
that at this time".

My contract with the former operator (Bresnan) appears to have enough
loopholes to fly the planet Jupiter through. Real life experiences with
CV would be appreciated.