[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Dec 15 14:49:02 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:29:20 pm Jack Trout wrote:
> I have a combo of just the simple MCE remotes that came with the
> PVR150s I got, and use a Lenovo 57Y6336, both my non techie wife use
> easily. the setup is non existant for the lenovo, open the battery
> compartment, pull out the usb dongle, plug it in, install keyboard
> and trackball. only in the 50$ range
>
> okay, neither of these control my av components or reduce the remote
> clutter, but I feel powerfull with the table of remotes
>

> what I really want is some sort of wifi transmitter I can  control
> from an android app, to make use of that cheap wifi android tab I
> got on black friday

Not sure I understand what you are saying, any Android tablet I have
seen has a WiFi radio in it, which by definition can be "controlled" by
the system.

But I'm not aware of any A/V appliances that can be directly controlled
by WiFi, unless you mean something with a telnet or web interface?

Perhaps you mean an RF type remote control transmitter and not "WiFi"?