[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Automatic Scan Problem - 0.24-fixes/r27420

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Wed Dec 15 04:06:57 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 02:35 AM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:06 PM, agraham<agraham at g-b.net>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just upgraded to MythTV 0.24 and noticed that video metadata is
>> created/updated automatically - which is great, however it seems to get it
>> wrong a lot of the time.
>>
>> For example, I have a directory called /mythtv/videos/XFiles/Season X/
>> (X=1-9) and within each directory I have files named "Title.mpg" (title
>> being that listed here
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_X-Files_episodes).
>
> This is not a valid MythVideo naming scheme.  See:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

According to your link it is a valid naming scheme and it meets the 1st
use case:

_Filenames_
A Movie Title.mpg <-------------- this is how all my files are named
Title s01e01 Subtitle.mpg
Title 1x01 Subtitle.mpg
Title Season 1 Episode 1 Subtitle.mpg

Robert, do you know if it is possible to disable auto scanning completely?

Albert.