[mythtv-users] Edit cutlist problems after upgrade

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 14 22:55:55 UTC 2010

I'll not repeat the earlier posts in this thread about initial
difficulties with the new editor.  I accept that the changes were no
doubt made for good reasons and in good faith, and that we may get to
know and love it in time.

I've been experimenting with it some more, with Mike's Wiki instructions
and Raymond's short example in mind, if not yet fully absorbed.

One thing that I do find inconvenient is the lack of visual reminders of
the current state of play - specifically no indication of a first
'enter', that marks the beginning of a cut.  Since I'm in the UK I don't
use the auto commflag and usually have to hunt around to establish a set
of reasonable transition points, often using audio as well as visual
clues, and it's easy to lose track of the current status.  The new
display of frame numbers will be a big help.

Instead of using repeated 'enters' I may settle on a left-to-right
sequence that goes
cut to beginning
cut to end
move end of cut here
cut to end
move end of cut here
cut to end
etc
but I'm not yet sure how easy it will be to correct the inevitable
errors - ie not spotting a break somewhere in the middle.

One simple(?) request - without a patch :-(  Could the options window be
moved up so that it doesn't obscure the editing bar?

This is all referring to mythfrontend 0.24-fixes 27420M on el5, which is
the latest I have from ATrpms.  Theme is MythCenter-wide, although I'm
currently running it at 1024x576.

John P