[mythtv-users] git & wiki

agraham agraham at g-b.net
Tue Dec 14 20:05:43 UTC 2010

On 12/07/2010 11:33 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 7 December 2010 21:54, Udo van den Heuvel<udovdh at xs4all.nl>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Where on the wiki is the info as per what date and/or svn the developers
>> switched to git?
>>
>> Where on the wiki is the info so we can check out from git and switch to
>> the right branch/tag/whatever to build 0.24-fixes?
>>
>> Please let us know.
>
> www.mythtv.org

More specifically, I think the question should have stated:

at http://www.mythtv.org/download it says:

"If you would like to grab the current development version or just want
to keep up with the latest fixes to the stable branch, you will find git
checkout instructions at https://github.com/MythTV"

However, the "checkout instructions" do not exist on
"https://github.com/MythTV" - at least I cannot see them, furthermore if
you follow every link on that page you will still not find the
instructions because they are not there.

As a user (and not a developer of MythTV), I don't mind what repository
is used as long as I get checkout the latest version and also I don't
think I should be forced to read the Git Guide to the Galaxy either.

I do think it's an unnecessary barrier to not include the following
basic instructions (or similar) at http://www.mythtv.org/download:-

git clone git://github.com/MythTV/myththemes
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/packaging
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv

Best regards.

Albert.