[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Mon Dec 13 19:07:09 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 09:59 AM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Robert Shields<rwshields at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I second the recommendation with Logitech remotes - they have great female
>> acceptance (my gf, mother, and sister all have one).  Personally, I bought
>> them all the 550 b.c. it doesn't have colors or really big buttons - it is
>> low profile and sleek.
> I just received a Harmony One.  This was an RMA for a Harmony 880 that
> had issues within a month of me getting it (which I purchased to
> replace another 880 that was several years old and had its own issues
> including volume buttons no longer working and not being able to
> charge).
>
> The Harmony One is a great remote so far.  Real good hand feel and
> responsiveness and a lot sleeker than the older one.  I am concerned
> with having had two bad remotes in the past, but from what I have
> read, the Harmony One has a much better build than the 880.

I've had my Harmony One for almost a year now.  Great remote.  One of my
kids did spill some soda on it once, making the buttons all sticky.  I
was able to remedy this by removing the battery, and using isopropyl
alcohol to kinda flush out the buttons.  Let it dry, put the battery
back in, and good as new!