[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Dec 13 17:51:26 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 11:45 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday, December 13, 2010 10:35:46 am Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>> but I have neither a PS3 or a bluetooth module
>
> Bluetooth transceivers are pretty cheap these days, I mean the USB type.
> I've seen them for well under $20 US.
>
> PS3s are NOT cheap, but I don't think he meant you had to have one to
> use the BT remote.

newegg has Bluetooth for $11.  There are different types of remotes for
the ps3, make sure it says bluetooth (its ~ $20).  And no, you don't
need a ps3.

I use the remote for my ps3 to watch moves and netflix.  It is a nice
remote with lots of buttons.  If I can get it to work with myth and ps3
selectively I think I'll go for it.

-Andy