[mythtv-users] frontend network control port

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 12 21:41:01 UTC 2010

* On Sat Dec 11, 2010 at 10:52:56PM +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> play file myth://192.168.0.2:6543/films/James Bond/17 GoldenEye.mkv

> but, nope. this didnt work; Sorry Chris.

I think that's because of the space in your filename.  To verify, you
could try replacing the spaces with underscores.  Fixing the '@' issue
is an easy fix, but the code will need a little more work to allow spaces
in filenames and directories since it uses space as a delimiter between
the tokens on a line of input.  The current code doesn't support enclosing
the filename in quotes.  You do have to specify the directory name as
well, the Storage Group search code doesn't search all subdirs, it needs
to be given a relative path to the file, so if your movies are in subdirs
of the Storage Group, you'll need to supply the subdir path when you
specify the filename.

--
Chris