[mythtv-users] Edit cutlist problems after upgrade

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sun Dec 12 21:32:53 UTC 2010

I've been using Myth for ages.  Ever since the lossless MPEG transcoder
was added, we would often use it to remove the commercials.  Editing the
cutlist was quick and easy.  After upgrading to 0.24 (actually the
trunk, just before the switch to git), it has become painful to use.
With the old edit system, pressing enter gave a very simple menu for
adding a cutpoint, or moving a nearby (with 30-second) cutpoint.  With
the new system, you have to hit menu, and the options are confusing, and
you don't always seem to have the option of adding a new cutpoint.

Also, the marker for where you are in the video should be a different
color, but I suspect that's a bug in the theme that I'm using.

Is this something that is under active development, and will likely be
cleaned up soon?