[mythtv-users] Recommendation for WD Live/similar player for not-tech-savvy sister?

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sun Dec 12 19:52:15 UTC 2010

Hey folks just curious what y'all might recommend is a solid player that can
play video files (.avi, .mkv, etc.) hooked up to a TV, voila that is all. Is
intended for my sister who knows how to use Facebook and it stops there.

All I need is for example she will come over to my place every few weeks and
I plug it into my box, pop over a boatload of files, she takes it home,
plugs it in and can watch (gotta be that simple for her lol). I have been
checking out the WD Live on Amazon and it looks great and great reviews,
curious what the experts here may know of.

Thanks!
Bobby